Wednesday, May 13, 2009

We Have Arrived




































At 10:50 we finally decided to land at the Strafford Inn in Kingsport TN. Not quite Bristol but close enough. First stop was the Waffle house Lima Ohio. I had never had a waffle house waffle - it was so good or I was so hungry. And we saw the biggest plastic outlet ever and they even had parking for trucks - so it was easy in and out. We saw Mr Haney on 75S hauling junk and now we are going to look for the rest of the green acres crew - including Arnold the Pig. I dont think we will have to look too far.
We are getting into the southern mode as we will be counting the number of major home appliances on front porches. List to follow.
1 fridge in Corbin KY, a washer and dryer in Pineville as well as 1 white christmas tree and a spring set for bed in Tazard that was founded in 1802!.
all was uneventful until we stopped for gas in some town with a wall mart - we missed our road and ended up going up a hairpin turn mountain road to hell!! Vicki cant back the trailer up so we had to push on. It was dark and out of no where on a 1 1/2 lane rd., is a fire truck - OMG. So it passed and then ANOTHER fire truck hauling water appeared. We had no shoulder OMG it was awful. And to top it off all the counties down here are dry - not wet - as the gas station lady told me. So, I guess I will have to drink a beer, and I dont drink beer
Oh, and a bird hit the windshield - I thought birds slept at night????
OK. Holes in the sheets, very colorful. OMG we are in a hell hole!! I think I will have another beer and it wont matter. But BONUS, Vic found an unused bandana behind the beds. ANother BONUS - NO BUGS!! so far Good night
















1 comment: